2 packs of bacon, chopped & fried
2 cans of creamed corn
1 can of whole corn
2 cans of evaporated milk
- Fry the bacon until golden and crispy. Let it dry on a paper towel.
- Drain most of the bacon grease until soft.
- Begin cooking the onion and get a small pot of water boiling.
- Peel and chop potatoes into bite size pieces and let simmer for about 10 minutes until they are fork tender. While the potatoes are boiling, add the milk, corn (with juice), and creamed corn into the onions.
- Add 2 cups of starchy potato water along with the potatoes into the soup.
- Add bacon to soup and simmer for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors collide.