1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
5 cloves of garlic
2 lemons, juiced
Lemon zest (1 lemon)
1 tbs fresh thyme
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs fresh parsley
1 tsp pepper
4 pounds of chicken tenders
1 large cucumber
2 cups of plain, full fat yogurt
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbs of fresh dill
2 tsp of olive oil
Fresh pita bread
Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and spices.
- Submerge chicken tenders in marinade and let that sit for approximately 30 minutes while you prepare the tzatziki sauce.
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze out most of the juice.
- Mix together the yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to the sauce to taste. Refrigerate until the chicken is ready to be served.
- Heat up a large skillet (or grill) on medium-high heat and cook the chicken until golden brown.
- Serve with red onions, fresh pita, tomatoes, kalamata olives, and tzatziki sauce.